So its been awhile since I updated–mostly because I have been thinking. I still have some Top Ten lists and such, but I want to have bigger discussions and explore some things.
I am also, it seems, perpetually waffling between book projects. I have several and they all revolve around Adventist subculture/history/eschatology/theology etc. So, in order to see [as my current Professor would say] if these ideas “have legs” I am going to start posting questions and snippets for my new book for your consideration.
I am open to links/articles/book recommendations from you in order to aid in this quest to explore the following questions from a young adult/academic perspective:
1. What is an Adventist?
2. Why should a person be an Adventist?
3. Why are people crazy?
4. Where is Adventism heading?
5. Does it matter?
6. Where do you see the worst theology in Adventism?
7. What is the best theology Adventism has?
8. Why are people crazy?
9. What are the real pillars of Adventist faith and which ones are merely decorative?
10. Ellenology and why its worthy of study?
There, so I guess thats a top ten to get us started. I will post things as I think of them, see them, and ask for input. Hopefully this stuff will get published–in the mean time go buy my books at the ABC or Amazon.com 🙂
Oh, and I have been asked to speak for 15 minutes on the Gospel at General Conference Session and I have until March 1 to decide. On Facebook a couple people suggested doing it as a top ten list–an intriguing idea.
I did come up with a number 10 as it were, something to think about…
10. “We cannot know the truth.” If you believe this statement is true–then it isn’t.