10. Look at them, but don’t talk to them.
9. Talk to them, but don’t look at them.
8. Make gratuitous references to “what Sister White” says, or worse “The pen of Hoy Writ”.
7. During Sabbath school ask someone to read the same text the visitor just read, only from another Bible Version because you prefer it to that heathen translation they have.
6. Let them sit by themselves, in their own pew.
5. Surround them at potluck with eager grins and hang on their every word because you haven’t seen a non-church member in 25 years and are curious what has been happening in society all this time.
4. Bring food to potluck that contains ingredients you can’t buy at grocery stores.
3. Rub their shoulders—especially this one.
2. Call them out in the worship service and have the stand up while you either cheer, applaud, or “amen” at them.
1. Use them as examples of what NOT to do in your sermon or Sabbath School talk.