10. Tell him/her in person how much you appreciate them.
9. Get a card signed by the church family expressing appreciation of the pastoral family’s ministry.
8. Have a potluck in the pastor’s honor with his favorite foods.
7. Volunteer babysitting services [where applicable] so the pastor can go on a date with their spouse [where applicable].
6. Create a “get out of trouble free” card for the pastor next time he/she makes a mistake; which enables instant forgiveness of all wrongs…maybe this should happen anyway on a regular basis.
5. Pay for a professional cleaning of the pastoral “estate”.
4. Cover all the pastor’s speaking slots for the month.
3. Excuse them from all church meetings for the month.
2. Give gift cards to the pastoral family’s favorite restaurant/store.
1. Pool resources and send the pastoral family on a little getaway—as in get away from the church.